PMIP 3 Kyoto Workshop Practical Details
The workshop will take place in the Kyoto Garden
Palace hotel just in front of the
Kyoto Imperial Palace. Warning! Do not
confuse the workshop hotel with the "Kyoto Garden Hotel" (another
hotel in Kyoto with a very similar name).
Kyoto Garden Palace
Due to the large number of participants, some people will have to stay
in the following hotels:
Palace side hotel
Hotel Rubino Horikawa
assignment page on the PMIP3 wiki for more details.
Unfortunately, an insufficient number of rooms
were reserved for the night of Saturday December 4th only. Those who
need to stay in a different hotel (Rich Hotel
Kyoto) for that night have already been informed.
The registration fee is 5000 JPY. See below for the details of the other fees (room and meals).
Accommodation, meals and payment
Accommodation and meals
- Kyoto Garden Palace special rate (including breakfast)
Single room: 9600 JPY per night.
Twin room: 8500 JPY per night.
the Google registration form
for all the rates.
- We are going to organize lunch and dinner, for ca. 5000 JPY per
day (one lunch + one dinner)
- First meal: dinner, Sunday 5th. Last meal : lunch, Friday 10th.
Rough estimate of the total cost of the workshop, per
14000 JPY x (nights of stay) +
transportation to Kyoto.
Click on the following links to access the Google currency
14000 JPY to Euro
14000 JPY to USD
Participants will be able to pay with a credit card
(Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
How to book a room?
The local organizers will book hotel rooms for people who
the Google registration
Finding your route in Japan by train
You can use the following web site (in English!) to help you plan
- If you are coming from or going to the Osaka KIX
airport, you have to use "Kansai Airport" in the Station
boxes (otherwise you will get a route from/to the older Osaka ITM
- You can also use the information in the Getting to
Kyoto and Getting to the hotel sections just below.
- Green seat is First Class.
Getting to Kyoto (by plane and train)
Osaka (KANSAI Intl. airport) is the closest and easiest gateway to
Kyoto, but there are other possibilities: Nagoya and Tokyo. You will
find some information below (more information later).
Osaka (KANSAI Intl. airport)
Code / link: KIX
- Make sure you do not confuse the KIX airport
with the older Osaka international airport (ITM),
especially when searching for a train route. Most international
flights use KIX.
- Closest airport to Kyoto, relatively easy access.
- Express train Haruka connects from the airport to Kyoto
station (75 min., 3690 JPY).
- Highway bus connects from the airport to Kyoto station (ca. 90
min., 2500 JPY).
Nagoya ("Centrair" Central Japan Intl. airport)
Code / link: NGO
- [Centrair] to [Nagoya]: μ Sky Ltd. Express (Meitetsu Line)
[Nagoya] to [Kyoto]: Shinkansen (JR Line)
- It takes ca. 1.5 hours, ca.7000 JPY to Kyoto
Tokyo (NARITA Intl. airport)
Code / link: NRT
- [Narita] to [Tokyo]: Narita Express (JR Line)
[Tokyo] to [Kyoto]: Shinkansen Nozomi
- It takes 3-4 hours, ca.17000 JPY to Kyoto (need to change trains
Getting to the hotels (hotels during
assignment page is detailed on the PMIP3 wiki.
- People arriving early and needing an extra night from Saturday
4th to Sunday 5th, have received a mail telling them in which hotel
they will stay on Saturday evening (extra
hotel list) before moving to their meeting hotel.
Kyoto Garden Palace hotel
KGP hotel web site (English)
Download the annotated map (or google map)and read the instructions
Public transportation from Kyoto Station
- Take subway Karasuma Line to Marutamachi
Station. (7 min., 3 stops)
- From Marutamachi station, Approx 8min, walk from Exit No.2.
- Turn left from Exit No.2, the hotel is on the corner of the
Taxi from Kyoto Station
By taxi, it costs ca. 1500-2000 JPY from Kyoto Station. takes 15-20
605, Tatsumae-Cho, Shimochojamachi Agaru, Karasuma-Dori, Kamigyo-Ku, Kyoto 602-0912, Japan
Phone +81 (0)75-411-0111
Fax +81 (0)75-411-0403
Palace Side Hotel
Palace side web site
The PSH web has a
good Access page.
Karasuma Shimodachiuri Agaru, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8011, Japan
Phone +81 (0)75 415-8887
Fax +81 (0)75 415-8889
Hotel Rubino Kyoto Horikawa
Hotel Rubino Horikawa (Japanese)
Access map (English)
7 Sanchome, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 602-8056, Japan
Phone +81 (0)75-432-6161
Fax +81 (0)75-432-6160
Early arrival hotel (Saturday
Rich Hotel Kyoto
Google map with walking directions to KGP
Gojo-agaru, Kawaramachi-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto , Japan
Phone +81 (0)75-341-1131
Fax +81 (0)75-351-1095
- Kyoto map, tourist guide
and restaurant guide (from
the Kyoto Convention Bureau).
- Poster size: the posters have to fit on the poster boards
(height: 2100 mm , width: 900 mm).
- Internet access
- Changing money
Questions about the workshop should be sent to:
pmip_ws mail alias
(Ayako Abe-Ouchi, Tetsuo Sueyoshi and others)
PMIP 3 Logos
The official PMIP 3 logos that you should use in your presentations
and posters are available on the PMIP 3 logo
Last updated 13 December 2010